March 29, 2021 at 6:54 pm #20927soundbridge-user-2e8ef-2Participant
I don’t know much about the use of DAWs, so I could use some help. Does anybody know of a free sampler VST (or if I have the name wrong, whatever kind of VST you need to turn a bunch of WAV files into a playable virtual instrument) that works with SoundBridge? I tried ShortCircuit and was able to open it in SoundBridge and load the sample files, but got no sound. (When I navigated to the same files in SoundBridge’s file browser, they play normally, though the program crashes if I try to import them for some reason and I’m not really sure what importing them does anyway). The other samplers I have (including (sforzando, Grace and Landr’s sampler) don’t show up in the VST list when I try to make a new MIDI track. I’m not sure I’m even going about this the right way, so any help/advice would be appreciated. Thanks!March 30, 2021 at 11:20 am #20928modern8musicParticipant
To answer your questions:
1. Almost any sampler should be good for what you want to do, you can try RitMix.
2. If you get a crash when trying to import audio please try disabling your antivirus software. Antivirus could be preventing access to the folder from which you are trying to import audio.
3. When you say that the sampler produced no sound, how did you trigger the sounds, do you have a MIDI controller / keyboard? You can also write MIDI notes manually on that MIDI track on which the sampler is loaded.
4. Here is a video should help you with the installation of VST Instruments:
You can always write to support.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.